Friday, November 20, 2009

Checking a Different Box

Last Friday, at the doctor’s office, I got to check the married box!

November 7th I married my biggest and best competitor. I’m not talking a competitor in the senses of a mean rivalry or one of us constantly trying to “beat” the other....although don’t think for a second it doesn’t go there. I’m referring to a deeper level of a competitor, a beautiful relationship.

A great competitor is someone that you know can go stride for stride with you, someone who will push you to your limits, someone who frustrates you, someone who pisses you off and most of all someone who at the end of the day you respect and admire. This is Ryan for me! He is literally my perfect competitor.

Ryan is an obstinate, hot tempered, moody, relentless, determined and hard to manage man. If you know me well you can see that Ryan is the perfect guy for me, seeing as I’m not the most, shall I say, easy person to live with ; ) And you can also see that these qualities make for one hell of a competitor. These aspects in Ryan are what I fell in love with, not his anal cleanliness or his ability to cook something more than toast (yea I suck) or his amazing ability to make me smile. Yes those things are great but I was always taught to love someone first and foremost for their faults, I never understood this until I met Ryan.

So three weeks ago I got to marry my perfect man! The day was unbelievable!!! It was over in a blink of an eye and now I get to check that married box.

“It’s one thing to check a new age-range box on a form at the doctor’s office after a milestone birthday. It’s quite another feeling to go from checking the “single” box to the “married” box.” It most certainly is another feeling....it’s wonderful!


Here is a pic of us on the big day...notice the fancy footwear. More, better, pics to come.


Ryan and I with my siblings

Ryan and I with our neice and nephew (Meghan and Daniel)

2 comments:

Heidi Austin, PT, DPT said...

congrats on your marriage erin. i'm sooo happy for you both and hope to meet ryan one day very very soon! Good luck with training as the fun begins once again :)

Endurance101 said...

Awesome Erin, I love the honesty about yourself and the ability to keep it real.