Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Colorado

So I have now lived in Colorado for ten months and I find I really really miss the east coast. I’m not sure if it’s me and my desire not to give this place a try or that I truly don’t like it or a series of unfortunate events…I’m thinkin’ it’s the latter. I find that I’m a very liberal and athletic person, thus I thought what better place to live than CO. All you hear about is all the wonderful outdoor activities (including skiing of course) and the relaxed way of life... yea I haven’t seen much of that relaxed way of life. People here drive me insane! It’s all about having the best equipment or how many times you’ve been up skiing, or how many fourteeners you’ve done; it’s all just one big competition to see who is more outdoorsy. In my opinion, that’s not what being outdoorsy is about. I think it’s a personal relationship with nature and the universe surrounding you, appreciating the beautiful world we live in, NOT how many times I skied last year. I bet you I got asked over twenty times as to how many times I got up to the mountains…well I don’t know, I’m not that shallow to keep count! But to play devil’s advocate, east coast people (in particular DC peeps) aren’t all sugar and spice either. Yes, east coasters can live up to their reputation of being rude or snotty, but ya know what, not one of them would ask me how many times I’ve been to the beach (east coast equivalent of the mountains…or something). Yea I’m pretty sure I’m an east coaster at heart, but I love checking out new places to live (perhaps sometime soon I’ll be checking out another state ;) ).

As far as the series of unfortunate events go, there is just too much to list but to sum it up: sick a lot, both serious and non-serious, creepy roommate, awful AWFUL job, and my amazing, incredible, love-of-my life, cat, Yukon died L. So yea maybe some of my opinion of CO is based on things that happened to me while being out here with little friends, but things are getting better (except for the job, I still LOATHE that) and I’m still not happy with CO. I think a change is very near, and it will be one to a different state to hopefully settle down for a while, if not permanently, and be happy.

As I bitch about how awful CO is I would like to point out the wonderful things that have happened here…I met Ryan, I got a new kitty Kona, and recently added a dog, Ty Domi….OH and I skied 127 times haha j/k, I really have no idea how many times, but I have to admit the skiing is great. Meeting Ryan and building somewhat of an animal farm J are definitely worth the experience overall. As I look for a new change soon, I know that Ryan and the animals will be with me and that definitely makes me happy!

Ok ok so this post sucks, but I needed to bitch.

No comments: