Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Religion

Religion is certainly a controversial topic and I’m pissed that it always is. So I was born and raised Roman Catholic but as I grow older I find that the Roman Catholic church stands for everything I DON’T believe in, thus am I really Catholic? I would say no; and is there something wrong with that, again I say no. My OPINION on religion/God/faith/beliefs is that it is incredibly personal. I truly believe that we have what, 6.6 billion people in this world and I believe we have 6.6 billion different Gods/religions, meaning everyone views God and religion differently. So really is there anything wrong with the fact that I was raised Catholic and I don’t go to church because of my own personal beliefs yet I still believe in God? I would say no, but others vehemently disagree with me…which is great! Without different opinions in this world life would be boring. I guess in the end I’m saying people should respect other peoples’ beliefs and opinions. Instead of judging others maybe we should step back and judge ourselves. Alright I'm done, just my two cents.

No comments: